We are dedicated to explaining the beauty of the Catholic faith and dispelling many myths and misconceptions about what she believes. Catholic Faith and Reason is an association of lay Catholics, faithful to the Holy Father and the Magisterium (teaching authority) of the Catholic Church, and dedicated to the new evangelization and apologetics; its goal is to awaken all to the treasures of the 2000 year old Catholic Faith through prayer, evangelistic activities and the ongoing witness of the lives of its members. Jesus Christ is our eternal hope!
The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ. Our lay association welcomes you in the spirit of the Scriptures, which the Church venerates, as the Catholic Catechism teaches, "as she venerates the Lord's body." We are moved by the great commission Jesus gave to his apostles to share the word of God, the Gospel which was foretold by the prophets beforehand and fulfilled in the person of Jesus Christ, who is Truth. Truth is a person. As St. Paul writes, "God our Savior . . .desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" and this by faith and grace.
New: For those who are being deprived of the great devotion and comfort of Holy Mass for any reason, you can attend Mass online by going to EWTN.com--specifically:
https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/daily-readings. Also, some suggestions on how to make a spiritual communion can be found on our website under the heading "Prayers" above. Or just CLICK HERE
If you like Bishop Robert Barrons (we do!), he too has a daily mass at his website: http://www.wordonfire.org.
Jesus founds His Church
Now when Jesus came to the district of Caesarea Phiiippi he asked his disciples, "Who do men say the Son of man is? To learn the answer, click here.
***To connect with our daily Commentary on the Scriptures read at Mass, please click here.
FEATURES of Our Website For You:
1) New Bible Study on the Gospel of Matthew: Fridays at 7 P.M. in the Woolridge Center, St. Therese Parish North, 4207 N.W. Hwy. 9, KCMO 64151 beginning on November 18th. Phone 816-524-0291 to join.
Click Here for more information.
2) Scripture, Tradition and the Church: Why Sola Scriptura Does Not Work! Click Here.
3) Are there two accounts of the Creation in the Book of Genesis? Do they contradict each other? Click Here.
4) Are you familiar with Biblical Types (Biblical typology)? You will be enriched! Click Here.
5)Conference Presentation on "Conscience: A Gift to Human Beings" and the Power Points for it.
6) On Christian Marriage: Click Here
7) Check out our latest page on the Sacredness of Life in view of the questions raised by abortions.
"Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth."
--Pope St. John Paul II, in Fides et Ratio [Faith and Reason]
May the Lord bless and keep you close to Him this day and always. Mental prayer is talking with God. Reading Scripture is listening to God. Have you talked with God today? Have you listened to Him?